- Pets Chapter 1 (Ellie): First Day
- Pets Chapter 2 (Richard): Waiting for Lunch
- Pets Chapter 3 (Candy): First Impression
- Pets Chapter 4 (Ellie): Back Home
- Pets Chapter 5 (Richard): Good morning
- Pets Chapter 6 (Elllie): Ellie drops by
- Pets Chapter 7 (Richard): First Scene
- Pets Chapter 8 (Candy): Waking Up
- Pets Chapter 9 (Ellie): Lunch, served Hot
- Pets Chapter 10 (Ellie): A Date
- Pets Chapter 11 (Richard): Eating
- Pets Chapter 12 (Ellie): A new beginning
- Pets Chapter 13 (Richard): First Strike
- Pets Chapter 14: Sideview
- Pets Chapter 15 (Ellie): Rude morning
- Pets Chapter 16 (Neutral): Big Talk
- Pets Chapter 17 (Candy): The Cage
- Pets Chapter 18 (Richard): Shower
- Pets Chapter 19 (Ellie): Home Alone
- Pets Chapter 20 (Richard): Eating Out
- Pets Chapter 21 (Ellie): Sapphic Evening
- Pets Chapter 22 (Candy): Limits Discussed
- Pets Chapter 23 (Ellie): Toy Store
- Pets Chapter 24 (Richard): Walk in the park
- Pets Chapter 25 (Candy): Supper
- Pets Chapter 26 (Ellie): Salute to the Sun
- Pets Chapter 27 (Richard): Confusion
- Pets Chapter 28 (Ellie): Cheating?
- Pets Chapter 29 (Candy): Bored at school
- Pets Chapter 30 (Richard): Doing Rounds
- Pets Chapter 31 (Ellie): Research
- Pets Chapter 32 (Candy): Going out
- Pets Chapter 33 (Richard): Bar Talk
- Pets Chapter 34 (Ellie): Anati Yoga
- Pets Chapter 35 (Candy): Running with Scissors
- Pets Chapter 36 (Richard): Saying Goodye
- Pets Chapter 37 (Ellie): Back home
- Pets Chapter 38 (Candy): Panic in the morning
- Pets Chapter 39 (Richard): Rehearsing
- Pets Chapter 40 (Ellie): time for a couple
- Pets Chapter 41 (Candy): Realizations
- Pets Chapter 42 (Richard): Drive home
- Pets Chapter 43 (Ellie): Two girls night out
- Pets Chapter 44 (Candy): Dance Floor
- Pets Chapter 45 (Richard): Bothered at work
- Pets Chapter 46 (Ellie): Breakdown
- Pets Chapter 47 (Candy): Adult Fun
- Pets Chapter 48 (Richard): Shoot-out
- Pets Chapter 49 (Ellie): Trouple
- Pets Chapter 50 (Candy): First time
- Pets Chapter 51 (Richard): Waking up to reality
- Pets Chapter 52 (Ellie): Hospital
- Pets Chapter 53 (Amber): Dressing up
- Pets Chapter 54 (Richard): The in-laws
- Pets Chapter 55 (Ellie): Coming out
- Pets Chapter 56 (Candy): Nude beach
I didn’t have any classes until 10h on Tuesday but I was restless so I decided to walk around campus, partly to remain awake but also partly in the hope of seeing Ellie again.
When Candy told me she called, I couldn’t help but feel joyful and uplifted. All night long, I analyzed what the call meant. During our lab class, she was distant and almost frigid, but she decided to come sit with me for lunch and even had some fun.
She was a mystery to be solved!
Fortunately, the science building only has one primary entrance, so I managed to see her as she was climbing up the stairs shortly after 8h.
“Hello, Ellie! “
She lifted up her dreamy eyes to me and managed to slightly crack open a smile.
“I called you yesterday, but you were asleep”.
I think she tried to answer with the same monotonous voice she had used in our first conversation, but I could detect a hint of hope behind her facade.
“Yeah, on Monday and Tuesday evenings, I work the night shift for 8 hours, so I have to sleep during the afternoon. Candy is under strict orders not to wake me up until 10h00. Sorry, I should have warned you”
“That’s okay. What do you do for work ?”
“Security agent at the west city mall. I work on the day during the weekend, and Monday and Tuesday night, 11 o’clock to 7 in the morning.”
“Must be tough going to college and working nights.”
“I don’t have a lot to do during the night, so I do my homework between rounds. The weekends are a handful though. Can’t really complain, it pays the bills. And I get to see Candy during the day: she works at one of the boutiques.”
“You two are roommates? “
“We rent an apartment just outside the college. We went to the same high school and have known each for years. Do you have your own apartment? “
“Yeah. One of the rare perks of being a Lamburger I suppose. I don’t need a part-time job so I can focus on my studies”
“And your social life”
“Pardon me ?”
This girl really seemed lonely.
“College is where you learn to be an adult. You learn new skills both from your education and from your social life. This is just your second day, right ? This is our second year. You learn as much from other students as you do from teachers. For example, Candy is teaching me fashion sense. She wanted to be a clothes designers, but her parents forced her to study in college in a “serious” program so she chose psychology. And Susan is studying in finance, so I learned a lot about keeping a budget.”
She waited a few seconds before answering. As if it was unreal to expect friends to help you out. After the long pause, she simply added.
“My class is about to start. I’ll see you at lunch.”Tags: re-edit