- Pets Chapter 1 (Ellie): First Day
- Pets Chapter 2 (Richard): Waiting for Lunch
- Pets Chapter 3 (Candy): First Impression
- Pets Chapter 4 (Ellie): Back Home
- Pets Chapter 5 (Richard): Good morning
- Pets Chapter 6 (Elllie): Ellie drops by
- Pets Chapter 7 (Richard): First Scene
- Pets Chapter 8 (Candy): Waking Up
- Pets Chapter 9 (Ellie): Lunch, served Hot
- Pets Chapter 10 (Ellie): A Date
- Pets Chapter 11 (Richard): Eating
- Pets Chapter 12 (Ellie): A new beginning
- Pets Chapter 13 (Richard): First Strike
- Pets Chapter 14: Sideview
- Pets Chapter 15 (Ellie): Rude morning
- Pets Chapter 16 (Neutral): Big Talk
- Pets Chapter 17 (Candy): The Cage
- Pets Chapter 18 (Richard): Shower
- Pets Chapter 19 (Ellie): Home Alone
- Pets Chapter 20 (Richard): Eating Out
- Pets Chapter 21 (Ellie): Sapphic Evening
- Pets Chapter 22 (Candy): Limits Discussed
- Pets Chapter 23 (Ellie): Toy Store
- Pets Chapter 24 (Richard): Walk in the park
- Pets Chapter 25 (Candy): Supper
- Pets Chapter 26 (Ellie): Salute to the Sun
- Pets Chapter 27 (Richard): Confusion
- Pets Chapter 28 (Ellie): Cheating?
- Pets Chapter 29 (Candy): Bored at school
- Pets Chapter 30 (Richard): Doing Rounds
- Pets Chapter 31 (Ellie): Research
- Pets Chapter 32 (Candy): Going out
- Pets Chapter 33 (Richard): Bar Talk
- Pets Chapter 34 (Ellie): Anati Yoga
- Pets Chapter 35 (Candy): Running with Scissors
- Pets Chapter 36 (Richard): Saying Goodye
- Pets Chapter 37 (Ellie): Back home
- Pets Chapter 38 (Candy): Panic in the morning
- Pets Chapter 39 (Richard): Rehearsing
- Pets Chapter 40 (Ellie): time for a couple
- Pets Chapter 41 (Candy): Realizations
- Pets Chapter 42 (Richard): Drive home
- Pets Chapter 43 (Ellie): Two girls night out
- Pets Chapter 44 (Candy): Dance Floor
- Pets Chapter 45 (Richard): Bothered at work
- Pets Chapter 46 (Ellie): Breakdown
- Pets Chapter 47 (Candy): Adult Fun
- Pets Chapter 48 (Richard): Shoot-out
- Pets Chapter 49 (Ellie): Trouple
- Pets Chapter 50 (Candy): First time
- Pets Chapter 51 (Richard): Waking up to reality
- Pets Chapter 52 (Ellie): Hospital
- Pets Chapter 53 (Amber): Dressing up
- Pets Chapter 54 (Richard): The in-laws
- Pets Chapter 55 (Ellie): Coming out
- Pets Chapter 56 (Candy): Nude beach
My only class of the afternoon only lasted long enough to distribute the syllabus, so I was back home much earlier than I thought.
I started with a long bubble bath, and ended up lost in my thoughts until well after all of the bubbles were gone.
At first, I anticipated college to be as boring as high school, but Richard changed my expectations a lot. If the first person I met was this nice, and his friends equally interesting, could it be possible for college to be a new start for me?
Richard had been nice enough not to mention my family to his friends, allowing me to remain in anonymity for now, but I felt as if his friends would accept me no matter what.
Elizabeth and Matthew were obviously very much in love, which was a change from all of the relationships I had seen so far. It’s not like my parents really loved each other. I think they mostly loved what the other could bring to the relationship.
Amber was the mystery. Richard called her “Candy” and ate carrot sticks from her tray throughout lunch, but he didn’t really talk to her, or even seemed to notice her.
She did look a lot at him with a vague smile, but I couldn’t figure out what it meant. I do admit she checked me out a lot too, which I thought was a little creepy.
Normally, I am a good judge of character after hearing a person talk just a little, but Amber barely spoke!
Once I was out of the bath, I decided to give Richard a chance and call him. He had insisted I kept his phone number in case of a problem. At first, I dismissed it as nothing but a shameless attempt to seduce me. Now, after one of the most cheerful meals in recent years, I decided it was a not so cheap attempt at seduction.
The phone only rang once when a girl answered it. I wondered if he was living in an apartment or if this was the sister he mentioned earlier.
“May I speak with Richard please ?”
Also, I could have misdialed.
“He is currently asleep. May I take a message ?”
Asleep? At 5 in the afternoon?
“Can you tell him Ellie called? “
“Hello Ellie, it’s Candy! How do you do ?”
Wait a minute… Candy and Richard are living together? Is she his girlfriend? Is he trying to double-date? What is Richard’s deal? Did I completely misunderstand his intentions?
“Hello Candy. I didn’t know you lived with Richard?”
“He’s my roommate. I am happy you called. He seems to be very fond of you. I hope you will join us for lunch from now on. Next time, you should get to meet Susan and Kate. Is there a phone number where Richard can call you? “
Well, she didn’t sound like she was his girlfriend. That Richard was fond of me was clear enough, but had Richard and Amber been dating, she wouldn’t have announced it.
“No thanks, I think I will call back some other time”
“Normally, he wakes up around 10h30 pm. If you are still awake at 10h tonight, you can call back and I will wake him up for you but he needs his sleep until then. Monday nights are always rough on him.”
Monday nights are rough on him? What is she talking about? Anyway, I’ll know in due time.
“No thanks, I’ll see you guys tomorrow at lunch.”
I know I’ll be asleep at ten since I have a class at 8h25 tomorrow morning.Tags: re-edit